Update Tuesday, May 19, 2020
"Low-contact workers such as attorneys, accountants, and realtors are able to start working again immediately," the Agency of Commerce and Community Development declared.
Currently, Vermont’s guidance for conducting real estate is as follows:
- agents may show homes to one person/household at a time, with low impact/social distancing and with 30 minutes between showings
- faces will be covered, shoes to be removed prior to entering homes, and when available, gloves to be worn
- buyers will be instructed not to touch anything while viewing a home
- buyers and sellers arriving in Vermont from out of state are required to quarantine for 14 days
- agents and landlords may not require occupants of a home/apartment to allow potential buyers in at this time
Update Friday, April 17, 2020
From Gov. Phil Scott: Some single-person low contact professional services, such as appraisers, attorneys, realtors and others, may operate if specified safety requirements can be met; these openings are effective April 20:
- no more than 2 persons (service provider and client) present at one time
- employees shall not report to, or be allowed to remain at, work or job site if sick or symptomatic
- observe strict social distancing of 6 feet while on the job
- wear non-medical cloth face coverings
- hand washing or hand sanitization should be required before entering and leaving sites
Our agents will take every measure and precaution to ensure the safety of our clients and customers as we carefully restart in-person business and consider showings.
Update Friday, April 10, 2020
From Gov. Phil Scott: In adherence to the Stay Home/Stay Safe guidelines, "all in-person real estate transactions are temporarily suspended. Real estate functions that can be conducted online, by phone or email may continue."
Please note that during these trying times, Stowe Area Realty at KW Vermont-Stowe is here to assist in any way legally possible. We maintain a wealth of information that we obtain daily from our local and national offices. We are here to advise and guide you through the current real estate market.
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact us. We are still actively working, meeting via Zoom conference calls with clients and other real estate agents. Please give us a call - we can help!