Real Estate Market
How to Increase Value in Your Home Prior to Listing
Wednesday, August 22, 4:00 p.m.
Stowe Area Realty, 1056 Mountain Road, Stowe
The market changes in subtle ways that can affect home-buying strategies; sometimes a small shift can tip the market in favor of buyers or sellers. Do you know where the market is right now? Are you confident that you will get the best deal?
Our job as REALTORS® is to guide you through the process and help you identify the pitfalls and opportunities. We can take the element of surprise out of the equation and put you in a stronger position to make an informed decision on pricing your home and avoid the risk of making costly mistakes with:
• Over- or under-estimating the actual value of your home
• Curb appeal and how it affects home value
• Staging, rooms to stage and how much of a difference does it make?
• Importance of photography
• Knowing the market and its relation to your home value
• The importance of a pre-inspection
• How to get the best value for your home
• Is it a buyers or sellers market and how does it impact your selling price
• Permits and possible pitfalls
• Checking titles and boundaries
• Understanding escrow accounts and time is of the essence
• How to save on investment properties
• 1031 and improvement exchanges
• Additional value-added topics
Contact us to RSVP or for more information.
If you are thinking about listing your home before the end of the year, then the team at Stowe Area Realty may have the EXTRA pluses to motivate you! In addition to our customer-centric, quality service, 100+ years of combined real estate expertise and powerful marketing strategies, we are now offering two incentives through December 2018.*
INCENTIVE 1 - PRE-INSPECTION
The home inspection is the most prominent hurdle to clear in a real estate transaction. Inspections are often where sales fall apart, leaving the sellers to pick up the pieces.
When a client contracts to list his or her home with Stowe Area Realty for one year at a Fair Market Value, Stowe Area Realty will pay for a pre-inspection.
With a top-shelf pre-inspection sellers can:
- Find out the exact condition of the property.
- Be confident with an accurate price for the home.
- Get ahead of any issues by repairing them now, on their timetable.
- Minimize negotiations later.
At face value, this saves a homeowner/seller between $400 and $800, depending on square footage, but more importantly it’s a proactive step that puts the seller ahead of the curve with less stress down the road.
INCENTIVE 2 - WARRANTY
After a client lists his or her home with Stowe Area Realty, and the house successfully closes, Stowe Area Realty will purchase a one-year Home Warranty Plan from American Home Shield. (AHS® Home Warranty Plans cover many of the repair and replacement costs of more than 20 of a home's major appliances and system parts when they break down due to normal wear and tear.)
How does that help a seller?
- Homes with warranties return a higher average sales price.
- Buyers prefer to buy a home with a warranty.
- Homes on the market with a warranty sell faster.
A real estate home warranty gives buyers and sellers the protection they need to walk away from the closing table confidently and ready for a new chapter in homeownership.
*Offer available to the first five client(s) to list his or her residential property for a one-year term before December 31, 2018. Client(s) will choose ONE incentive.
The holidays are coming up and I want to give you a small glimpse of what the real estate world really looks like:
- There are about 2 million active real estate licensees in the United States (1.3+ million REALTORS®).
- The median gross income of REALTORS® was $39,800 in 2017, a decrease from $42,500 in 2016.
- 5.34 million sold homes as of August 2018 - 12-month rolling period.
- First-time buyers were 31 percent of sales in August.
- All-cash sales were 20 percent of transactions for August 2018.
Too often we slow down when we’re doing well or we slow down when everything else around us is slowing down. Today, I want you to rethink the process you have in your head. That process that you have that you don’t even know you have. This year, make a new, better plan that’s specific to your success. Specific to how you will succeed. Prospecting looks different for all of you — door-knocking, calling online leads, calling your sphere, open houses, calling past clients, etc. — but, whatever your plan is, write it down and schedule it so that you can practice it daily.
My point today is simple. For the next three months, be willing to do what most other agents aren’t, because other agents are failing out of this business. It’s time to make a plan to follow daily, to stick to, to live by. Design the life you want to live and execute on it!
Ken Libby, Broker
Stowe Area Realty announces the launch of its new website at VERMONT.RealEstate.
VERMONT.RealEstate is a county-by-county Network of dedicated real estate agents hand-selected and presented by Stowe Area Realty. The site provides statewide real estate services for those looking to move to Vermont, helping connect prospective buyers and sellers with these preferred affiliates who are active in their communities, build quality relationships with customers and demonstrate professionalism and attentiveness during every sale.
Stowe Area Realty owner/broker Ken Libby said that what sets VERMONT.RealEstate apart from other real estate sites is its connectivity to the entire Vermont property marketplace, with comprehensive information about each town from the agents who live and work there.
“We are thrilled with what VERMONT.RealEstate can do for people looking to buy or sell property in Vermont. Anyone who wants to search Vermont real estate, whether they live here or not, can easily access information about each county’s towns, community, lifestyle, available properties, market data and more, plus be assured that the agents listed on this Network are the experts in their areas,” Libby said. “We’ve streamlined the search process because the essential real estate resources and professionals are all in one place.”
VERMONT.RealEstate was officially launched on January 14 and will add new information and affiliates in the upcoming weeks. Visitors are encouraged to explore the new website and sign up for the mailing list.
“We believe that this new site will allow our clients to have a very informative experience as VERMONT.RealEstate continues to grow and see an increased market presence,” Libby said.
- older posts
- newer posts